Tuesday 21 October 2014

HEAVY WEIGHT ATTEMPT 1

Ahhh...my hands were itching again...just got to bead.

Hmmm...let's see what I've got........got it! I'd try BIG pendant necklace. 

I have never tried stringing with heavy beads.  Should I use Tigertail? Well, I went ahead and gave it a shot.

Here is my first attempt:




Oooo, I really enjoyed the process of beading especially the initial stage of design.  I have got to look at what was available and tried to mix and match.  The second challenge was to think of the technical part.  In this case was making a bail for the pendant.  This was where a little bit of wire wrapping came in.  Hey, I still could do it!

Now that I have gained a little confidence making big necklace of this kind, I will have a second go - perhaps a heavier one.





No comments:

Post a Comment