Tuesday 22 March 2016

Sweet Pinky

Sigh, another year has passed.  It's about time to bead something.  Anything.

This, was commissioned by a friend who wanted to present it to her future mother-in-law.  The colour was her choice and the rest of the project was my idea.  Ha ha, this is the least I could claim for myself, right?  (Blushing)

She wanted a simple spiral necklace with two colours and it should not be too chunky and stiff.  As I have not been in touch with beading thus it took me awhile to research on the different techniques and decided on a double spiral rope technique (by Ms Jill Wiseman) which I got from this link :


The end product is quite satisfying as shown below.


I also took a photo of the work-in-progress to show the thickness of the necklace:

I used size 11 Toho seed beads (Pink, Silver, Black and Metalic black) for the body and size 8 (clear) bead for the core.


Hmm...may be I should make one for myself too....with two different size of beads....or substitute with crystals....or....add accent bead....change size of core bead......or.........hmm....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment