Friday 2 July 2021

Native Earrings

I thought I will never going to bead again due to Parkinson's decease - shaky hand.  After years of denial, that dormant urge to bead has re-emerged. Okay, I will start with the simple weaving technique first.  



 

This was my first attempt to weave and it turn out fine!  This was done according to this Youtube tutorial :

 https://youtu.be/HzmNZ6kM82w?list=RDCMUCE5zvAShB-CDmSqlMv46q4A

However, it was a bit too long for my short neck.  I gave it to my daughter GY.  I hope she likes it.

Hey, I can still handle these tiny beads with my shaky hands!






I did this second piece which is a shorter version.  This was done with some bugle beads resulting in a different look.










I thank God for slowing down the progression of the Parkinson's disease and allowing me to continue using my hands to pursue my passion.






No comments:

Post a Comment