Friday 19 November 2021

Big Amazonite Pendant

I bought this big pretty stone in my holiday trip to Hokkaido two years ago. The sales person told me it was a Amazonite. It is a stone without any drilled hole. I have to wire wrapped to cage it in order to make it into a wearable pendant. It is not a cabochon because it does not have a flat surface to act as the back of a pendant. It is a thick piece of stone of irregular shape. I have googled many Youtube videos to get ideals and needed to combine different techniques to get it done. This is not my own design and I cannot recall the source of it as I had referred to too many of the videos.



The top one is the front of the pendant. The bottom one is the back of the pendant. The measurement of the stone itself is about 4.7cm(H)x3.2cm(W)X1cm(Depth at its thickest point).

Because of its thickness, I used 18 gauge wire thinking that thicker wire would secure the stone better. Yes, it did the job, BUT, it was so difficult to be manipulated! Big mistake. Probably a 20 gauge would have been better.


Haha, I think the wrap is a bit loped-sided.

No comments:

Post a Comment