Friday 9 September 2011

Amethyst, my favorite

I was quite pleased with the blue necklace which was featured in the previous posting.  I have just got to continue making another piece before my 'creative' juice dried up.  So I took out my favorite stones (Amethyst), staring hard at them as though was waiting for their approvals to my intended design.  And....................................................................................................................... tada, a new necklace was born:



Well, it is nothing fantastic but the fun was in the designing process.  Firstly, I had this big metal leave which I needed to get rid of so I incorporated it in the design.  I did not want it to be the domineering focal object thus three dangling stones were added to dampen the starkness.

As the deep purple was a deep color, too much of it will be too heavy looking.  I chose the Clear Quartz to match with the Amethyst so as to lighten the look.  (Amethyst is also a kind of Quartz which is colored by impurities)  The little light purple faux Cat Eyes were added to complement the main stones.

Asymmetrical is always my preference in design so I applied it in the shorter chain.  The 'intended' look is shown in the second picture above.  However (haha, this word spells trouble!) the actual look when wearing is not like that:



Aaaaaw, this is awful!  The shorter chain falls outside of the longer one and it is of U shape instead of V shape.  Design disaster!!!  




Mayday! Mayday!  Someone Please come forward to rescue!

No comments:

Post a Comment